Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
This agreement applies to members in good standing who have gained membership by meeting the education, examination and experience requirements of ICAI. Subject to assessment of your application you may have rights to advanced standing in the CPA certification program. You must first register as a student with the CPA Atlantic School of Business (CPA ASB). ICAI members looking to become Canadian CPA’s are required to pass CPA Canada’s Common Final Examination (CFE). Once you have a successful result on the CFE and have met the other membership criteria, you will be eligible to apply for membership with CPA NL.
ICAI members seeking their Canadian CPA designation under this agreement are:
- Exempted from all CPA professional education program (CPA PEP) modules, but are strongly encouraged to complete Capstone 1 and Capstone 2
- Required to pass the Common Final Examination
- Applications will be admitted without a review of their practical experience if they have obtained:
- A recognized university degree and 2 years post-designation experience
- Or 5 years post-designation experience
Applicants with less than the specified post-designation experience will be subject to a review of the practical experience.
- All relevant experience must have been gained as a member or student of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
The agreement does not apply to individuals who have gained membership in the Institute through another agreement with a third party this is not a member to this agreement.
NOTE: Audit and other services requiring registration or licensure are not covered by this agreement. Members may apply for licensure as a public accountant by fulfilling the necessary requirements. Please refer to the Application for Individual Licensure under Public Accounting Forms and the CPA NL By-Laws on the CPA NL website.
Application Process - Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
Applicants in this category must contact the CPA Atlantic School of Business (CPA ASB) directly at [email protected].
Once you have a successful result on the CFE and have met the other membership criteria, you will be eligible to apply for membership with CPA NL.